Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Say YES!


Since I am still at the beginning of my illustration journey, It will be strange that I talk about how to be an illustrator. But it is also important that taking records of the sparkling moments.


  • Say YES!


When I make the decision that illustrator will be my part of identity, I am so anxious, even couldn't tell anybody. I just laid on my bed on new years eve, listened the sound of firework.
A thought came to my mind, if you want to doodle or draw every single day, you should be an illustrator. My mind didn't say no. I said YES. Then my brain worked really fast to organized information, what should I do to let this YES become true.



  • Try! Try! Try!


If you played the video game, you will get used to died often, sometimes even you have to die once to get experience. The first day I woke up as "illustrator", I asked myself, what do you want to create. I collected all the ideas and inspiration on Pinterest, I went through the list, pick one, sit down. I couldn't get any thought, but I tried.
But after you start drawing, the idea will come through. It's like you gonna create your own game world, that you have to try the different way to get the treasure.


  • Draw Every Day and Post It


As I always say, practice worked, especially for skills. The first 2 months I started I keep posting my work online every week. The results were OK actually, except I got confused. I kept myself in the corner and didn't have the idea about what should I draw next week, at the same time I knew some kind of work I didn't have the ability to accomplish.
If I took a step back at that time, I will laugh at myself thinking too much.Just draw every day as much as you can. Draw everything you like.It will be different.


  • Get Paid


Right now I didn't get any paid from my illustration. Still think it's important to find the tasks. First of all, money can make your life easier. Secondly, it gives you huge encouragement make you feel respect, Patreon could be a nice community, especially for artists


  • Inspiration


It's like water to the body, we need inspiration for our brain. The following points work for me.
*Clean and Clear. If you want to make the new thing, you have to get enough space. keep the working place (desk, computer,studio,bed?)clean enough, and also your mind.
*Doing Research and Organized Ideas
I might mention Pinterest too much. But I have a bunch of projects saving on it. It like put the seed on the soil. It can be fertilized by doing research. Most important step: organized information.
*Sparkle Moments
I really cherish every "light up" moment, from a little trip, a talk with the friend. I will write down or record in my cellphone, then organized weekly. Some day it will be a project.

That is the reason why I start this blog to organize ideas and remember that inspiration.
Still a long way to go. Keep doing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment